University of Education (UEW) appoints new Vice-Chancellor
The Governing Council of the University of Education, Winneba, has in a Press Release appointed Rev. Fr. Professor Anthony Afful-Broni as the substantive Vice-Chancellor of the University with immediate effect for a limited period of 3 years, ending 30th September, 2021.
Rev. Fr. Prof. Anthony Afful-Broni holds a PhD in Educational Administration and Management and a Masters in Pastoral Counselling from New York City’s Fordham University.
Some highlights of his career:
- An ordained Catholic priest of the Archdiocese of Cape Coast for 30 years, Fr. Afful-Broni serves on many boards nationally and internationally.
- Immediate past President of the Priests’ Senate, and former Chairman of the Education Committee of the Archdiocese of Cape Coast.
- Member of the College of Consultors for the Catholic Archdiocese of Cape Coast.
- A past University Chaplain of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW).
- Served as Pro-Vice-Chancellor for two consecutive terms.
- Dean of the Faculty of Educational Studies for five years.
- The Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Educational Leadership.
- Former Consultant to the Academic Quality Assurance Unit of the University of Ghana, Legon.
- A member of several professional bodies including:
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Phi Delta Kappa
- the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), USA for 20 years
Please click on the links below to access the Press Release and his full profile: