University of Cape Coast UCC (2018) Doctoral Summer School
College of Humanities and Legal Studies
Second Doctoral Summer School
- Objectives of the summer school are to:
- Share ideas and enrich theoretical knowledge and skills by practical assignment and critical reading;
- Improve knowledge and skills of doctoral students in research project design and implementation;
- Understand the requirements for writing a good doctoral thesis; and
- Provide an opportunity for doctoral students to present their research projects and receive critical comments; and
- Provide an opportunity to network with other doctoral students and faculty.
2. Selection Criteria:
- Applicant should be a registered doctoral student; and
- Should submit a two-page summary write-up of his/her thesis orientation.
- Lectures (30%) of the period and interactive sessions;
- One-to-one sessions with professors; and
- Feedback to participant’s principal supervisor.
|27th/8/18||Relevance of a research topic & the issue of a knowledge gap||Review of literature and contribution to knowledge||Quantitative data analysis|
|28th/8/18||Qualitative data analysis||Discussion of results, conclusion publications, and doctoral thesis defence||Managing relationship with colleagues and supervisors|
|29th/8/18||Proposal presentation||Proposal presentation||One-on-one clinic|
|30th/8/18||One-on-one clinic||One-on-one clinic||One-on-one clinic|
|31st/8/18||One-on-one clinic||One-on-one clinic||Wrap-up|
5. Commitment fee per participant:
- Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC200.00)
- Send an email to email@example.com to express your interest. In sending the email, attach the two-page summary on the orientation of your thesis, indicate your current year, expectations and department and name of supervisor. You will be invited to pay the commitment fee after your expression of interest has been reviewed and selected.
7. Important Dates
- Call for Expression of Interest – 25th June, 2018
- Deadline for Submission – 3rd August, 2018.
- Notification of Review Outcome – 10th August 2018
- Payment of Commitment Fee – 17th August 2018
8. Directors/Heads of Department should enrol as many of their doctoral students as possible.