SUA MSc Scholarships in One Health Molecular Biology for Africans in Tanzania 2018/19
The Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) is now accepting applications for up to thirteen MSc Scholarships in One Health Molecular Biology at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) for the academic year 2018/2019. Candidates meeting the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to apply for admission.
Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) is a Public University based in Morogoro Tanzania. The university is located on the slopes of the Uluguru Mountains. SUA is best known for offering courses and programmes widely in a field of Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Forestry, Animal Science, Wildlife Management, Tourism Management, Environmental Science, Food Science, Natural Resources, Nutrition, Rural Development, since its establishment.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in one Health Molecular Biology. This programme focuses on practical skills and a thorough understanding of how to apply molecular biology to One Health – an emerging discipline which promotes collaboration between specialists in the public, animal and environmental/ecosystems health sectors.
- Scholarship Award: Thirteen applicants (nine Tanzanians and four from other African countries) with outstanding academic performance will be offered with a full-time SACIDS-ACE fellowship to cover their stipend and research support. SACIDS-ACE will support these fellows using funds from the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the World Bank’s Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centres of Excellence Project (ACE II).
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for African students.
- Number of Scholarships: Scholarships are awarded for a total of thirteen applicants. (nine Tanzanians and four from other African countries).
- Scholarship can be taken in Tanzania
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for African students:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The university is looking for highly qualified and motivated young, bright African students to undertake MSc in One Health Molecular Biology which is a regional programme catering for students from Africa and beyond. SACIDS-ACE is committed to the principle of gender equity and equal opportunity to individuals with physical disability. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
The following shall be eligible for admission for the MSc in One Health Molecular Biology degree programme:
- Holders of honours Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in biotechnology and laboratory sciences, molecular biology and biotechnology, human or veterinary medicine, or other biological sciences.
- Candidates who hold unclassified degrees should have a credit or a distinction in molecular biology, microbiology, genetic engineering, biotechnology, immunology or biochemistry.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants should apply for admission at SUA using the online admission system, Application forms can also be found at the Directorate of Postgraduate Studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy (DPRTC)’s website; The application must be accompanied with an application fee of TShs. 80,000/= (USD 50 for foreigners).