RECRUITMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS 2018
The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) of Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations, in collaboration with Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, 1mCHW Global Campaign and the World Vision International- Ghana, is seeking to employ a considerable number of young Ghanaians as Community Health Workers (CHWs) with a goal of improving health care services in all communities in Ghana.
Task & Job Responsibilities
The selected Community Health Worker will primarily perform home/household visits, providing health education & promotion, disease surveillance, malaria control activities and support other community health activities with supervision of the Community Health Officer (CHO) within the CHPS zone. The CHW will undergo an extensive training in order to perform these tasks.
Who Qualifies To Apply
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35 years with minimum qualification of SHS education or its equivalent
- Long Serving Health Volunteers with at least 6 years of basic education, who are in their communities and already working with the Ghana Health Service or recognized NGOs for at least 3 years
- Applicants must ideally be resident in the respective community they apply for and be prepared to stay and work within same at least in the next two years
- Applicants must be able to use a smart phone for data collection
- Applicants must have the ability to read and write basic English
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in the local language
Condition Of Employment
- Successful applicants will not be regular employees, but beneficiaries of the YEA employment module.
- Beneficiaries would be on two (2) years contract of engagement.
- Beneficiaries would receive allowances just above the Daily National Minimum wage level.
Mode Of Application
- Applicant must visit the YEA website: www.yea.gov.gh and fill an online application form.
- YEA District offices would also serve as online registration centers for those who do not have access to internet facilities.
- Print-out of the filled application form should be submitted at the applicants' District office of YEA.
- A passport picture, a copy of any national identification eg. Voters ID, Birth Cert or Passport and a contact number should be added.
PLEASE NOTE :
ALL APPLICATION FORMS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE REGIONAL AND DISTRICT OFFICES FOR FREE AND NOT FOR SALE