Chair of Accounting and Finance Job Opportunity 2018 : KNUST Calls for Application
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
KNUST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of CHAIR OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
This position is funded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG) and is tenable in the Department of Accounting and Finance, KNUST School of Business, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
The Position is open to Ghanaians and other distinguished African Scholars, including serving staff of academic institutions in Ghana. The occupant
- Should be of a Professorial rank;
- Must have a PhD or DBA degree;
- Must have extensive teaching and research experience in Accounting or Finance; and
- The occupant would be required to promote the discipline of accounting and finance through teaching, research and advocacy at the KNUST
The occupant’s responsibilities would include the following:
- Facilitate the development of Accountancy and Finance programmes to the highest international standards;
- Develop innovative graduate and undergraduate programmes in Accountancy and Finance;
- Conduct research with ICAG and develop Accountancy and Finance case studies in collaboration with industry;
- Disseminate research findings in high impact Journals, deliver public lectures at national and international scholarly gatherings and be an advocate for ICAG;
- Develop a strong Accounting and Finance research group in the Department and provide leadership for same;
- Forge strong links between KNUST and the financial sector; and
- Prepare and submit Quarterly Reports on work to the Vice-Chancellor through the Head of the Department of Accounting and Finance, and end of tenure Report to the Institute of Chartered Accountant, Ghana (ICAG).
Conditions of Service
Very attractive Conditions of Service, including Salary, Allowances and other Fringe Benefits.
Mode of Application
Interested Candidates should submit an Application Letter together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, and,
- A Two-page Statement of the Candidate’s Vision for the Department and School.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than Friday, January 19, 2018:
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE