University of Education (UEW) Position of Dean(s) Vacant – Apply Now!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified staff of the University for Appointment to the following positions in the University of Education, Winneba:
- Dean, Faculty of Science Environment and Education
- Dean, Faculty of Education and Communication Sciences
- Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences Education
- Dean, Faculty of Foreign Languages & Communication Education
- Dean, Faculty of Educational Studies
- Dean, School of Creative Arts
- Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- Dean, Centre for International Programmes
- Dean, Faculty of Science Education
The Dean of Faculty is a Senior Academic Officer reporting to the Vice-Chancellor or any other person acting on his behalf. He/she provides strong leadership and vision for the design, delivery and continuing review and assessment of all academic programmes and courses.
Per Statute 28 of UEW Statutes, the Dean of Faculty/School shall:
- be responsible for providing leadership to the Faculty in the exercise of its powers specified in the statutes.
- be the Chairperson of the Faculty Board and the Head of the Faculty.
- in consultation with the Heads of Department, have the responsibility for the training of students and for the monitoring of Lecturers on study leave.
- liaise with professional institutions, associations and similar bodies, and organise consultative committees comprising Faculty members and experts in the various professional fields within the Faculty.
- liaise and corporate with other Faculties in the organisation of common course.
- coordinate the work of the Departments within the Faculty.
- consult with, and be assisted by the Heads of Department in the execution of his/her duties.
Staff seeking appointment as Dean must:
- be of professorial rank.
- However, staff who have served in the capacity as Senior Lecturer for at least four (4) years and have eight (8) papers after promotion may apply.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
- Ten (10) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) referees and;
- Ten (10) copies of two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the Faculty.
Application letters should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Education, Winneba, P. O. Box 25, Winneba. Application materials should be submitted by Monday, 15th June, 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be considered.